Skip to Content

Sen. Landrieu is proud to serve the citizens of Louisiana and welcomes the opportunity to be of assistance where possible and appropriate. 

If you are one of Sen. Landrieu's constituents with a problem or concern surrounding a claim with a federal agency (such as the Social Security Administration, Veterans Administration, military, IRS and Immigration and Naturalization Service), her constituent services staff are available in each of her state offices to help answer your questions.  

If your case requires a congressional inquiry, a case file will be opened for you.  

In these instances, the Privacy Act of 1974 requires congressional offices to obtain written permission to advocate on your behalf and for agencies to release information. You can download the privacy release form below.

These pages will help guide you through how Sen. Landrieu's office can help you.

How Sen. Landrieu can assist you:

  • Contact a federal agency to request the status of a pending claim or appeal, obtain answers to questions pertaining to a case or problem, request records or documents maintained by the agency
  • Request every appropriate consideration be given to each case based on the regulations and guidelines of the governing agency
  • In critical or time sensitive matters, request urgent attention to the case
What Sen. Landrieu is unable to do:
  • Overturn decisions rendered by federal agencies or circumvent their procedures and processing of claims
  • Intervene in judicial matters, pardon or parole cases
  • Act as your legal representative or advisor for claims or appeals pending with a federal agency

Preparing your case

1.) Make your request in writing

Under federal law, Sen. Landrieu's office must have a request in writing before they can take any action on your behalf. This can be accomplished either by mail or submitting a request via the tab above and to the right.

2.) Submit privacy release form
Please sign, complete and return your privacy release form to my state office in your parish region. The privacy release form can be downloaded below or obtained from any of Sen. Landrieu's four state offices. 
To determine which office would handle your case, view a map.
If you are writing on behalf of a friend or family member, the privacy release form must be signed by the person who needs assistance. 
3.) Include relevant information
Please make certain you include all personal contact information, as well as identifiable information the federal agency will need, such as:
  • Social Security number
  • VA claim number(if different from your social security number)
  • Workers’ compensation number
  • OPM case number
  • Receipt number for immigration applications and alien registration number 
4.) Describe your situation, desired outcome and needed background information
In addition, the brief description section should provide the type of claim or application pending and any specific questions or requests you may have. Should the space not be sufficient, you may include a separate page or letter and you are welcomed to send any documents or correspondence from the agency which you believe will be helpful to my office.
If you have questions regarding the consent form or the additional information Sen. Landrieu's office might need, please call the constituent services staff at the state office nearest you. This office will also be the one to which you submit your case information and assistance request.
Shreveport Office

U.S. Courthouse
300 Fannin St., Room 2240
Shreveport, LA 71101

Phone: 318-676-3085

Fax: 318-676-3100

Lake Charles Office

Capital One Tower
One Lake Shore Dr., Suite 1260
Lake Charles, LA 70629

Phone: 337-436-6650

Fax: 337-439-3762

Baton Rouge Office

Federal Building
707 Florida St., Room 326
Baton Rouge, LA 70801

Phone: 225-389-0395

Fax: 225-389-0660

New Orleans Office

Hale Boggs Federal Building
500 Poydras St., Room 1005
New Orleans, LA 70130

Phone: 504-589-2427

Fax: 504-589-4023

Northeast Office

U.S. Courthouse
300 Fannin St., Room 2240
Shreveport, LA 71101

Phone: 318-676-3085

Fax: 318-676-3100

Central Office

Federal Building
707 Florida St., Room 326
Baton Rouge, LA 70801

Phone: 225-389-0395

Fax: 225-389-0660

Washington, D.C. Office

703 Hart
Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510

Phone: 202-224-5824

Fax: 202-224-9735

Move your mouse over the map for other office information.
© 2014 Senator Mary Landrieu   |   Privacy   |   Text Only
About   |   Priorities   |   Services   |   Media Center   |   Contact